The YTEDC Talent and Entrepreneurship training program -Kisian Schools, Kisumu County- entered its 2nd month with the just concluded October ’18 session focusing on the fundamentals of nurturing talents with special focus on;
- Identify individual aspirations & interests.
- On how to identify & develop/firm-up own talent.
- The individual aspired career & the importance of role models.
- Inculcating critical life-skills as a lifestyle for learner/youth.
- Importance of these “critical” Life-Skills in building a strong character based personality among the learners/youth.
- The club members were also guided on how to productively spend their school holiday and on how to identify personal interests that may support individual talent identification. The YTEDC training is focused on developing strong character-based personalities and value based individuals for an ethical society.
What they say;
Barrack, class 5 said,
” When I grow up I would like to be a farmer because I can plant crops and sell them and get money. Another point is that when I plant crops my life can change”
Mitchelle said, ” When I grow up I would like to be a nurse because in Kenya people have been suffering and I really feel sorry for them. When I become a nurse I will make sure I treat all of them”.
These learners’ dreams are valid and like Natalie Wambui (the Young Poet and Author) says, all dreams are valid. All they need for now is support and which YTEDC is providing.
It was very fulfilling and exciting to see the impact of our training in the youthful and energetic learners. Evidently, the training was very impactful as the young minds looked more determined and optimistic about their future.
It is very fulfilling and exciting to see the impact of our training on the youthful and energetic learners. Evidently, the training is gradually transforming their perceptions to life. The pupils and students in the YTEDC training are also eager,determined and optimistic about their future.